Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

I have service 4wd drive coming up on dash and no lights on…

Customer Question
I have service 4wd...

I have service 4wd drive coming up on dash and no lights on 4wd selector switch on my 05 Tahoe...I have changed pushbuttons ..and no change ..could it be control module for transfer case

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

I checked 4wd fuse and its fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tahoe yourself? What have you tried so far?

Im doing work myself....I've changed push buttons and encoder motor and no changed....

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Chevy
12/29/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 1 month ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good afternoon, I hope you are doing great. My name is***** am a Chevrolet technician and I would be happy to assist you with this. Have you checked to see if the vehicle has any trouble codes stored? The TCCM(transfer case control module) is a pretty common problem on these, but it would help to say for sure if I knew if there were any trouble codes saved

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't have a scanner so no....
Do you have a parts Yeah nearby? If so they will be able to scan it for you free of charge
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will do that

Okay great, let me know what you find out

Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician