Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

I am having trouble with my 4wd on myb2013. Silverado 1500.

Customer Question
I am having trouble...

I am having trouble with my 4wd on myb2013

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

Silverado 1500

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Silverado 1500?

2013 silverado 1500

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Silverado 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I would like to try.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I snow plow with it. And this is the first year i had it. When I start the truck everything works fine. After plowing for 10 or 15 mins it gets stuck in 4wd hi.

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

If I turn the truck off. Then back on. It will come out of 4wd a d back to 2wd. Then I switch it to 4wd and plow more...it gets stuck in 4wd hi

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Chevy
12/28/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 month ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience: Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air Conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

Is the fault B2013 ,what is that number ?

The 4wd drive has a module could be the issue here , the switch ,the actuator at the cases ,few things we need to look at here

,since it is resetting when switch from 4 to 2 , it will be more likely the module or switch or wiring issue then internal in the cases

If you do not mind me asking ,are you looking at fixing this yourself or looking to know the most possible cause of this issue and taking it to repair shop for the work ?

Do you have any prior experience in electrical troubleshooting and testing with a test light for power & ground ?

Do have a power probe for testing ?

Do you have a test light so we can check for spark ?

Do you have fuel pressure tester to check for fuel ?

Did you scan it with factory scanner or equivalent to retrieve faults codes for vehicle modules ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician