Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 2001 Chevy Suburban won't start until I take off the

Customer Question
negative battery terminal and wait...
My 2001 Chevy Suburban won't start until I take off the negative battery terminal and wait 10 seconds and plug it back in and when I started the security light comes on when I close the door it comes off and then the oil change oil and then the battery and then it'll go back to blank can you please help me
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Chevy
12/28/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 6 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience: Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air Conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

it sounds like the anti theft module is faulty here

You will need a factory scanner or equivalent to run a diagnostic scan & retrieve fault codes from the Vehicle Anti theft module and based on these fault codes we can pull up a Pin Point troubleshoot and be accurate on it ,If you do get it scanned ,you can post the fault code back here for me and I can help you further on it and be more accurate .

you will need a gm tech II scanner or equivalent, like local parts code reader want do the only read engine codes

if the locks are not working it will trigger alarm or immobilizer,doors switches, hood switches ,trunk, receiver etcc to many to guess at it

did you try this below reset

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .the reason we do that is to take any residual power in the wiring harness to try to reset the modules ,and there will be no spark created touching them since we took battery power source out of the loop by taking both cables off

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 30 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables ,Positive cable First

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Did not work and I see that you already charged my card I don't appreciate that because you said y'all were going to charge me a list if I was a hundred percent satisfied and I am not satisfied cuz like I said I'm still at home and whatever the advice you gave me did not work so could you please refund me that money

i m sorry i do not have access to billing

this is customer care link to get a refund ,

good luck to you sir

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help