Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The battery is dead I’m charging it now but wil it start in…

Customer Question
The battery is dead...

The battery is dead I’m charging it now but wil it start in am ? Or is there a shut off

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

The battery is just a year old it just run dead from the cold and gps was plugged in and drained battery

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2010 Chev Silverado

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?

I’m charging it but a year ago the battery run dry ( I then bought new) but won’t start untill a code was put in I don’t want that to happen again

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

What I just want to know if charging it will work or do I have to tow to dealship AGSIN

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Chevy
12/28/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Charging it should work fine, you always want to charge batteries off the vehicle though, and when removing cables, take off negative then positive and install positive then negative

I will charge over night and see in the morning thanks

sure thing, hope it works out!

Thsnks
Thsnks but it’s a hybrid
Thsnks but it’s a hybrid does that make a difference

shouldnt on the main battery

THSNK you