Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

If the security on my 2000 chevy blazer system went off but…

Customer Question
If the security on...

If the security on my 2000 chevy blazer system went off but we don't have the remote, so we used the key in the ignition to work and now the car will not start? is there something wrong with the security part of the car that will not allow the car to start?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yes I checkedand no they are not corroded

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Blazer yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes we are trying to fix it ourself. we changed the heater core, had to disconnect the computer, checked the starter, changed distributor cap, made sure the fuel pump was working, changed the fuses and its trying to start butb it wont turn over we also got a new battery

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chevy
12/27/2017
Chevy Mechanic: kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 4 months ago
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

YOu have to do the 30 minute relearn on the anti theft system. Here are the steps you have to follow.

kalamykid
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech