Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

1997 cavailier red arrow low water light won't go out,even…

Customer Question
1997 cavailier red arrow...

1997 cavailier red arrow low water light won't go out,even though i replaced bad thermostat and refilled it and checked water level several times and it is ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Only the red dash picture of a radiator with waving lines and a red arrow pointing down to low water in the picture of a radiator

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '97 Chevy?

2.2 motor no model

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just fixed bad thermostat and refilled drove 10 miles ran cool checked resolver and it is on the full line.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/27/2017
Chevy Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 6 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

The sensor for that is inside the overflow reservoir, so if that level is good,then the sensor is bad inside the tank.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.