Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The fan and temp cluster just quit.no lights nothing. The…

Customer Question
The fan and temp...

The fan and temp cluster just quit.no lights nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The ones on the cluster in dash

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2007 avalanche

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Avalanche yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing,

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chevy
12/26/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 4 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Just to be sure is this the heater/ac control assembly that quit just recently or the gauge cluster with all the gauges on it like speedometer etc.?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

a/c heater

I apologize for the delay.The web site was having some technical difficulties yesterday and I couldn't get back here.

Check and make sure the HVAC BATT 10 amp and HVAC BLWR 40 amp fuses are good in the under hood fuse panel.You can also try and remove these fuses for about 5 minutes then reinstall them to reset the system to see if it works then.If the fuses are good and the reset does not work the common fault is the heater and ac control unit itself in the dash.This control unit can fail internally suddenly like this here with it needing to be replaced.You would have to remove it to test the power and ground signals to it to make sure it is the cause.If you have a test light or multi meter to do this electrical testing and want to test it let me know and I can walk you through this testing to be sure it needs to be replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Checked the two fuses. removed them for 5 minutes. did not work. how do you get the part of dash off to take out the heater a/c unit in dash

Do you have automatic heater and ac controls with auto settings or manual controls for heater and ac?

automatic

I apologize for the delay.The web site has had some issues the last couple of days.Here are the instructions for removal.If it needs to be replaced it will have to be programmed by a dealer or repair facility that has access to GM programming.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p8ypy0uagywhdre/t-12-28.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vmoyeqe583ano85/tr-12-28.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4hyj0lstnwuz04w/h-12-28.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d91f8so5chgaazz/hv-12-28.png?dl=0

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

Pete, Auto Service Technician