Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

Codes p2534 and p0700. No i have not tried to reset but

Customer Question
Codes p2534 and p0700 ...

Codes p2534 and p0700

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

No i have not tried to reset but those are the codes the diagnostic are giving

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2011 equinox

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Equinox yourself? What have you tried so far?

No i am not fixing it just trying to determine cause and pricing estimate

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No i replaced the battery already the connectors were severly corroted

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Chevy
12/26/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 1 month ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The code P0700 is a general fault code indicating another code is set for the transmission which leads to code P2534/Code P2534 is a fault with voltage to the transmission electronics.If you have had no battery jump start issues or charging issues and all other components are operating properly this can be wiring damage leading to the transmission needing to be checked and inspected to resolve this fault or an issue with the Q8 control solenoid valve assembly in the transmission itself.

The cost for a shop to fully diagnose this issue is around $100 in most cases.The repair costs will vary all depending on what is found at fault but can run around $200 for wiring repair to $1000 to have the Q8 solenoid pack assembly replaced in the transmission itself.you will need to have this tested further to locate which component is at fault and then repaired from there.If the battery connections are still corroded you might start with using some baking soda and water to clean them off to see if it resolves the issue.If it does not you will need it tested further to locate and repair this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

Pete, Auto Service Technician