Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Tried to start my lly this morning. It was - 30 Celsius, the…

Customer Question
Good day. Tried to...

Good day. Tried to start my lly this morning. It was - 30 Celsius, the glow plug light flashed on as the regular ignition on check, but stayed on only a second or so, but wouldn't start. The side issue is that the fuel pump lost prime for the second day in a row, onlynitnbled diesel fuel onto the housing this time, blown o ring(?), so it wouldn't have completed the start, but it threw a P0670 code. How do I determine whether the controller is actually done, and not just missing a ground or something

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

Pigtail light on the dash, did not stay on longer than all the other check lights.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

How long would it typically stay on at that temperature?

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Chevy?

2005

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'll be fixing it myself. Towing it to a heated shop this afternoon

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just that there re these two issues. Have to repair fuel line issue prior to the truck starting and running after. The o ring and fuel leak issue only happened this morning

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Chevy
Can you please resend the payment page?
Secondly, what's the part number of the primer kit?
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/25/2017
Chevy Mechanic: BOBBYSS, Master Technician replied 3 months ago
BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Hello my name is***** need to first do a complete inspection of the filter housing and primer. Make sure that there is no wetness at all. If there is any sign of leakage then this will occur. If that is fine most of the time this is caused by a failure of the fuel rail pressure check valve. This valve loses shape and no longer sits properly. It would need to be replaced and will more than likely fix the problem. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need anything else.
BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician