Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

Fob stopped working and I put a new battery in and it does…

Customer Question
Fob stopped working and...

Fob stopped working and I put a new battery in and it does not work?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you double-checked to make sure the positive and negative signs are lined up correctly?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2011 tahoe

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tahoe yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replaced the fob battery

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Chevy
12/24/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 2 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

is the problem the same with both fobs?

I only have one fob. I tried holding lock and unlock buttons down and all that did was activate the TPS learn system, and now I have a fault light that stays on for tire pressure system.
Can it be fixed over the phone?
2011 tahoe
Chevy Mechanic: TIM MOHR, ASE MASTER TECH replied 2 months ago
TIM MOHR
TIM MOHR, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** you tried relearning the fobs?

what steps do I take?
What are the relearning steps?

ok, to relearn them follow the instructions below,Tim

To access this display, the vehicle must be in PARK (P). This display allows you to match Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitters to your vehicle. To match an RKE transmitter to your vehicle, do the following:
1. Press the trip odometer reset stem until RELEARN REMOTE KEY displays.
2. Press and hold the trip odometer reset stem for three seconds. The message REMOTE KEY LEARNING ACTIVE will display.
3. Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons on the first transmitter at the same time for approximately 15 seconds. A chime will sound indicating that the transmitter is matched.
4. To match additional transmitters at this time, repeat Step 3. Each vehicle can have a maximum of eight transmitters matched to it.
5. To exit the programming mode, you must cycle the key to LOCK.

I help trip reset down, however it does not do anything?

do you have DIC buttons, or just a plastic stem coming out the cluster?

Tried again and language setting only comes up and then scrolls through choices.

you need to keep pushing in and out until the remote key relearn appears

no choices?

can you take a picture of your dash and post it here?

ok, in the second picture, there are 4 buttons to the right of the steering wheel, these are the button to use, can you press these to see if the display will read remote key programming

That is not one of the options.

the second button, the one with a car and an "I" is the one you need to push,push it until it read relearn remote, then release, and then press the check mark buttton

that did not do anything. I need to go drop off my kids now. I will check back in later. Thanks.

.

TIM MOHR
TIM MOHR
TIM MOHR, ASE MASTER TECH