Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2005 chevy colbolt was in front end collision and had no…

Customer Question
2005 chevy colbolt was...

2005 chevy colbolt was in front end collision and had no fuel pressure and fuel pump doesent come on

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the vehicle? And when was it last serviced?

130,000

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '05 Chevy?

Colbolt

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes and rite now just know fuel pump not coming on.no noise

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Chevy
12/24/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Eddie, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, and thanks for your question, my name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

Was the collision hard enough to deploy any of the air bags? thank you.

Yeah they both went off

Alright, in this case the SRS control module has the vehicle locked into crash mode, in the event of a collision hard enough to set off the air bags, the SRS module send a signal to the ECM to shut off the fuel pump, This is a safety feature. An advanced type scan tool will have to be used to interface with the SRS module to be able to get the vehicle out of crash mode. You won't be able to run the vehicle until this operation is done. Does that answer your question? thank you.

Is that something I can buy at auto zone or is it more complicated

It is a bit more complicated than your standard OBD II type scan tool, I don't believe autozone sells one that will do it, but you can give them a call and double check. I would recommend amazon or ebay. look for SAS or SRS system crash data reset tool. They can be pretty expensive though, so you may give a local auto parts store a call and ask them if you can borrow one of their tools capable of resetting crash data in the SRS system under their tool loaner program. They may have something that will work for that. but every location is a little different as to what scan tool they have for loan. I would check that first and if that didn't work I may consider purchasing one. Thank you. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Eddie
Eddie
Eddie, ASE Certified Technician