Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

While driving I have my heat on but it's no blowing out COLD…

Customer Question
While driving I have...

While driving I have my heat on but it's no blowing out COLD AIR😢 and my engine thermostat gague is by the H

Mechanic's Assistant: When it comes to this particular vehicle, have flat tires been a problem in the past?

WTF!!

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2005 Chevy Uplander

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Uplander yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chevy
12/24/2017
Chevy Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 7 months ago
nelson freitas

Hello, and thanks for using JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I have been an Automotive Technician for over 15 years.

I will look into your issue and get back to you shortly.

Chevy Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 7 months ago

firstly we need to check if coolant is flowing through the heater core.

there are 2 hoses that run from the engine towards the interior of the vehicle. can you grab them both with your hands. they should be hot to the touch but they will not be hot enough to harm you.

If both hoses are quite hot then that indicates that there is sufficient flow of coolant through the heater core, if one or both are cold enough to hold onto for 10 seconds or more than we know that the problem with with the coolant level or flow.