Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I followed the wiring diagram for the throttle body but now…

Customer Question
I followed the wiring diagram...
I followed the wiring diagram for the throttle body but now the check engine light is blinking on and off car is hard to start strong fuel odor from tailpipe had car since 1998 had a new timing belt water pump installed at 90.000 miles fresh oil every 2500 miles transmission services also it now has 147.500 miles on car now really don't want to sent it to wrecker it's very clean inside and out it was stored for a year while I was deployed to Afghanistan it was during that year the throttle body was removed and wires around throttle body cut jaybird61 your help the first time got it started now I need to make it driveable and thanks again for the help
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Chevy
12/22/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 5 months ago
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician

Hi, this is Jay

You will need to finish out and rate the other question that I completed for you first before I can continue on to this question.

i rate you a 5
Texting is fine

If the vehicle has not been run for over a year have you put fresh fuel in the car or added some octane booster? You may have clogged injectors if vehicle sat with a throttle body off of it.

I've been told it got started at lease 2 times a month to keep battery from going dead the last month b4 my return it's throttle body was removed

You should take a fuel sample and see if it smells bad. Just because they may have started it does not mean the fuel did not go bad. If it is driveable then take and fill up with fresh fuel.

fresh fuel has been added 1/2 tank now check engine light keeps blinking on and off what does that mean in the past it came on but it just stayed on

A flashing check engine light is usually for a misfire and can be due to plugs, wires or even injector clogged.

If you have no other questions for me then please enter a 5 star rating so I get credit for assisting you and can then close out question for you. Thanks and Happy Holidays.

Jaybird61
Jaybird61