Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The rod that runs down from the swich will only wirk when…

Customer Question
The rod that runs...

The rod that runs down from the swich will only wirk when you push down on it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

1986 silverado

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i am. when i turn the swich it does nothing. i have to drop the stering down and push down on that rod

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chevy
12/22/2017
Chevy Mechanic: kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 7 months ago
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

Does yuor truck have a tilt column?

In the diagram it is part 83. It fits into 34. These part are hard to find. You will be better off replacing the whole column. This column was used for many years and should not be hard to find. You can find this column on ebay, and some times you can even find the rod.

Chevy Mechanic: kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 6 months ago

Just wanted to check in on you and see how things where going?

This was a waist of my time and money. I will not used you ever again and will not recommend any one to do so.you Don't know shit.I been working on cars and trucks all my life and decided to give you a try. I f**ked up.but it was a lesson learn.

What is wrong? Was the information I gave you incorrect?