Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I’m just reading through this thread because it seems to be…

Customer Question
I’m just reading through...

I’m just reading through this thread because it seems to be having the same issues I am. I have a 2009 Chevy Malibu hybrid. I got the car smog he’d and it passed. When I was leaving the smog shop my My service sac and service traction light came on. I also had a check engine light come on and the code read was P0010. I reset the code to see if it would return. Every time I drive it the service sac and traction comes on and it shifts gears roughly. I also show the P0010 code as a pending DTC but that light has yet to return.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

The light blinks a couple times and then stays on

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Malibu Hybrid yourself? What have you tried so far?

I would like to if it isn’t too complicated. I hav not done much of anything yet. Just reading through stuff to get an idea on where to start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I also should say.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Chevy
I should add that I changed the spark plugs prior to getting smog check.
8220;Service sac” is a typo it should say service “esc” by the way
12/21/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 6 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The code you have set is for:

DTC P0010
- Intake Camshaft Position (CMP) Actuator Solenoid Control Circuit

The actuator and wiring need to be checked for any issues.In most cases, it is the actuator solenoid needing to be replaced to correct this issue here.This will have to be fully diagnosed to pinpoint if the actuator is the cause then replaced from there.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete