Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

My truck stopped running, putting fuel into the throttle…

Customer Question
My truck stopped running...

My truck stopped running, putting fuel into the throttle body it would run until the gas ran out, fuel pump turns on but it seemed injectors wouldn't fire, replaced the whole spider injector with the fuel pressure regulator and now it starts and idles fine but when in gear and accelerating it "falls on its face" it idles down sputters and almost dies. If you flutter the gas it will keep running but it won't accelerate, when you park again it will run and idle fine and rev to the rev limiter without fuel issues it seems to only have issues while in gear and driving

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

It's a 1998 chevy blazer 4x4 4.3 vortec with a 4l60e transmission the brake switch has been replaced and the transmission shifts fine, it ran smoothly until the initial fuel issue that replacing the injectors solved

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Spider yourself? What have you tried so far?

I pulled the plenum off, removed the old spider injector assembly and replaced it with a new AC Delco replacement

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/19/2017
Chevy Mechanic: K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, is the check engine light on and if so have you retrieved the diagnostic codes?

The only engine light codes are for both front wheel speed sensors not working, they need to be replaced and the catalytic converter not working but I removed the CAT. That's why the downstream O2 sensor isn't reading properly

Thanks, ***** ***** step is going to be verifying fuel pressure with a gauge. IT needs to be 55-60psi at idle and go up to 66psi when the throttle is opened. There's a test port schrader valve near the spider. You can borrow a pressure tester from most parts stores for a refundable deposit. LEt me know what your pressure is and we can work further if needed.

GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician