Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

Getting reduced engine power messages a lot. Usually stop…

getting reduced engine power messages...
getting reduced engine power messages a lot. Usually stop car turn off ignition and restart and the problem clears. I have a code that shows the catalytic converters need replaced which I am working on completing. Could the reduced power issue be caused by the converters stopped up ?
12/19/2017
Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

ok

the cat codes will not effect this system.

possible issues

1. throttle position sensor on throttle body. very common failure for this issue. the connector should also be replaced.

2. pedal sensor inside the truck. it is the gas pedal assembly. this unit contains the control module for the system. not very common but does fail.

3. wiring. check the harness from the pedal to the throttle body for any damage.

In most cases, a code is set for the failure in the engine side. even after the system resets itself, it will store the code in history codes. that will tell us the area of failure.

Roy

Please take a moment and rate my service 3 stars or better. that is the only way the site will pay me for my efforts.

Roy

Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest

thank you

Roy
Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest