Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2009 HHR that won't pass emissions because the

Customer Question
I have a 2009...

I have a 2009 HHR that won't pass emissions because the evaporative system and oxygen sensor keep showing up as "Not Ready." I have driven it about 200 miles, about 50 of which were freeway driving. I'm just trying to figure out how to get these systems into a "Ready" state so that I can pass emissions. Just driving and cold starting several times doesn't seem to be working.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you located all of the vehicle's oxygen sensors? Are the wires leading to and from each intact and in good shape?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your HHR yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have just taken it to a local shop to get it tested

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is all I can think of, thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chevy
12/18/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Gary, Chevy Technician replied 7 months ago
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

the codes and computer were rest after the repair ?

There was no repair, from what I understand. I recently bought this car, and I believe the previous owner replaced the battery. I needed to get safety and emissions tested, and the evaporative system and oxygen sensor are the only things that show up as "not ready."
I prefer just messaging, thank you. I was trying to figure out if I need to drive more, longer, a certain distance or speed, or if there is something else I need to try entirely.
If the battery was changed, that would have reset the codes.

you need to disconnect both battery cables for 5 minutes then touch the 2 cables together for 1 minute then reconnect both the battery then between high way and back roads driving and drive cycles ( key on drive then key off is a drive cycle ) 100 miles and usually would take 2 or 3 days and then have it retested

that should reset the monitors and it should run and pass then it will go through

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer