Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 2003 chevy Silverado 2500 says it’s in 2nd gear won’t…

Customer Question
My 2003 chevy Silverado 2500...
My 2003 chevy Silverado 2500 says it’s in 2nd gear won’t start. Installed new neutral switch still doesn’t work. Odometer guage also stopped working but befor it did it kept say service*****and check brakes. Also when I turned key it made the noise like the doors were locking and unlocking. Also lost daytime running light and some lights. Any ideas
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/18/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 4 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Did all of these issues occur at the same time?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Have you had the fault codes checked at all with a fully compatible scan tool or computer that will plug in and can communicate with all computers in your model?

No

O.k. the first thing you will want to do here is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a fully compatible scan tool that will plug into your vehicles data port and can read all computers in your vehicle.Once this is done there should be at least one code set in the engine computer or in the 4wd computer that will help to diagnose and locate the fault here.

Since you already replaced the neutral safety switch and it still has this fault here this may be a fault with the engine computer itself causing several issues needing replaced.

If you can get the fault codes read out and then post the code info here on this, this will help quite a bit to locate the cause.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician