Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

Got the fuel pump replaced a week ago and since the first…

Customer Question
Got the fuel pump...

Got the fuel pump replaced a week ago and since the first time I drove it it has been blowing ecm fuse! Now it won’t even crank cuz fuse blows as soon as u turn the key

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Yes I can turn wheel and no damage to key.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

Had the bed taken off yesterday and found a green wire that had a wire nut on it so I spliced it together and taped it up changed fuse and it crank up then when I went to leave an hour latter I barley got of driveway and fuse blew

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Chevy?

1995 s10

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S10 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Took the bed off look for a bare hot wire and couldn’t find one

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Chevy
12/17/2017
Chevy Mechanic: david craig, Auto Mechanic replied 2 months ago
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

what size engine? and is it 4wd or 2wd?

Thank you
R u still there

please answer my question

4 cylinder 2wd

thank you, ***** *****

K

which ecm fuse is blowing...ecm battery or ecm ignition?

Don’t know it just says ecm on it it’s the third fuse over from the right second row down

ok

This guy I know keep calling it fuel pump fuse butit says ecm on it
The one that keeps blowin
The man that put fuel pump on said he thinks might be a short in wiring harness. If so how do I found out where short is

disconnect the fuel pump. see if the fuse still blows

How do u disconnect fuel pump

you need to drop the tank and remove the connector on the fuel pump

ur saying disconnect pump then turn key and see if fuse still blows?
Ok so if I do that then what does that tell me my problem is????
Also wounderibg if it cud be the computer if so how do I tell if it is

if the fuse still blows then the problem is the wiring to the fuse box. if it doesnt blow then the fuel pump he put in is bad.

What bout computer cus it be that

its not the computer.. this is a wiring problem. its not a changing parts until something fixes it issue

Ok

you need to disconnect the pump. if the fuse still blows, then you need to start tracing the wires from the fuel pump connector all the way to where they go into the fuse box. look for any kind of damage, chaffing or arcing

Ty for ur help I appreciate it. If i don’t fix it I don’t get to see my daughter for Xmas.

if you take your time. be very thorough in the inspection of the wiring, not only looking at the wires but feeling them for damage, you will find where its shorting

K ty for ur help

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will keep the chat open for further follow-up questions you may have and I will continue to help you find the issue.. Also, we can respond to this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return.
Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

hows it going?

david craig
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic