Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I put repair bearings for my axles on my 94 s10 blazer they…

Customer Question
Second opinion] i put repair...
Second opinion] i put repair bearings for my axles on my 94 s10 blazer they are sticking out of the housing drivers side about 5/16 and passenger side about 3/8 is that correctJA: What is the model of your '94 Chevy?Customer: s10 blazer tahoeJA: Are you fixing your Tahoe yourself? What have you tried so far?Customer: yes took old bearings out on outer axle in the rear and put new repair bearings inJA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?Customer: no
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chevy
the repair bearings and seals are all in one unit
12/17/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Gary, Chevy Technician replied 8 months ago
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician

if the bearings are tapped into place into the housing where they stop or bottom out then they are fine

some will stick out a little bit

as long as they are fully in the tubes and bottomed out