Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Put key in ignition and DIC says unknown driver and the

Customer Question
Put key in ignition...

Put key in ignition and DIC says unknown driver and the truck wont start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

They are like brand new

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2004 Tahoe LTZ

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tahoe yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying suggested remedies from youtube. thats it so far.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Guess not

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/17/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Do you get the same results with your spare key?

Did you attempt a 30-minute key reprogram?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris