Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

No electrical. Key stuck in ignition. no lights no gauges,

Customer Question
No electrical. Key...

No electrical. Key stuck in ignition. no lights no gauges, nothing.

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Can't tturn wheel or shift6 out of park.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2005 Equinox

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Equinox yourself? What have you tried so far?

If it's something I can fix, I'll try. Tried jumping it. Nothing. No clicking, no lights.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's about it.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chevy
12/15/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Gary, Chevy Technician replied 8 months ago
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

most of these will not take a jump with a dead battery

the problem is the battery is dead and or has low cold cranking amps

replacing the battery WILL fix all your issues on this vehicle

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer