Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

2012 gmc terrain. load knocking noise coming from passenger…

Customer Question
2012 gmc terrain. load...

2012 gmc terrain. load knocking noise coming from passenger side behind glove box. sometimes while running but also after shutting it off. the last time it happened about 20 min. after it was shut off. went into a store came back out and heard knocking when openeing the door

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

Behind glovebox

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Terrain yourself? What have you tried so far?

Ive heard it could be blend door actuator or recirculation actuator but mechanic refers to it as a clicking sound. this sounds more like someone beating on a door. very load

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

This is very intermittent. happened 6 months ago. the other night twice but removed the glovebox and it doesnt happen

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Chevy
12/15/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 2 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience: Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air Conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

the actuators will make clicking noises , do you have issue with any re circulation, mode, defrost temp mode or no ?

the knocking sound could be coming from heater core if we have an air bubble , did you do any radiator thermostat work prior to this happening

do you have good heat at idle ? does it increase if you rev it up at idle ?

lets start here

]

I've heard heater core with air bubbling , this is not that. sound would be comparable to say beating you fist on a door. very loud
heater works fine.
It sound like a blend for broken not the actuator hitting agis g the housing that is the only thing that I can think could be causing it that if you say none the above it is.
i was told $5 refundable fee. i've been charged $30 for no answer. how do i get refunded
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat