Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I put a new alternator in then before i did i noticed the…

Customer Question
I put a new...

I put a new alternator in then before i did i noticed the battery was hooked up to the old alternator..... wile it was sitting in the cold so when i put the new alternator in it wants to start but dosnt turn over

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

And no i cleaned them 01 chevy impala

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Impala yourself? What have you tried so far?

No im fixing it for a friend and thats about it they said they put a new battery in it before then would die so i said its the alternator because it wasnt starting be4

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No i dont have 5 dallor

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chevy
12/15/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 8 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

You wrote: no i dont have 5 dallor

The fees for help here are more than 5 dollars so do you want to cancel?