Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2013 chevy impala I have a problem with my car my…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a 2013 chevy impala I have a problem with my car my bcm fuse keep blown out ever time I change it and now since I park my car car and turn it off the lights stay on and my radio too and my car wont crank up no more

Mechanic's Assistant: When it comes to this particular vehicle, have flat tires been a problem in the past?

Well I have rims on my car and yes I had flat front tire in the past and my wheel sensor is broken

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Impala yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am I change all the fuses to new ones and I switch the relays around trying to find the problem and I also change my ignition switch

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chevy
12/15/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Roy, import/domestic specialest replied 8 months ago
Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

ok

have you tried unplugging the bcm and see if the fuse still blows???

Roy

once I park I change all the fuses but I haven't change the bcm all together

no, I asked if you disconnect the bcm connector from the bcm, will the fuse still blow with key on.

that will tell me that the bcm may be causing the issue

Roy

do you think its the bcm its that's why it blows the bcm fuse every time

it is very possible. thats why I want you to remove the connector to see

Roy

There are five connector on the bcm do i disconnect all of them
7 connectors

yes, I would. just like you were taking it out

Ok i got the bcm out do i try to start my car.

no, just replace the fuse and see if it blows with the key on

Roy

I put the key in the ignition and turn it to the start position but im not gettin no power in the car and the fuse still good
my key is stuck in my ignition

i Told you not to start the car?????

ok, the fuse held which tells me the bcm is the issue causing the failure. I would start by replacing the bcm. it is a module that has to be programmed by someone with a scan tool. it is not a plug and play unit.

plug the old one back in and see if the key comes out

Roy

I had put the bcm back together and the lights came on and the key came out

yep, I figured that.

Roy

Please take a moment and rate my service 3 stars or better. that is the only way the site will pay me for my efforts.

Roy

its the bcm right

thats where I think you need to start. yes

Roy

Roy