Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The door latch will not open to let the latch catch. It is…

Customer Question
The door latch will...

The door latch will not open to let the latch catch. It is out in 9 degree weather.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2006 Monte Carlo ltd

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Monte Carlo yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried silicone spray. I latch won't move.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

A ball park figure on what the chevy dealer would charge to fix it. I can not close the door.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chevy
12/15/2017
Chevy Mechanic: kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 8 months ago
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

There may be a simple fix for this problem. Place a screw driver behind the latch, hold the door handle open and use the screw driver to flip the latch back out.

You have to hold the door handle as if you where opening the door and flip the latch out at the same time. The latch does not open on its own, the pressure of the door opening is what flips the latch when you open the door.