Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

No 4x4. 92 gmc sierra 3500. I'm replacing the thermos front…

Customer Question
92 gmc sierra 3500 ...

92 gmc sierra 3500

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sierra yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm replacing the thermos front diff actuator to a mechanical upgrade but have no poer to t case switch or acuator

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chevy
12/14/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Gary, Chevy Technician replied 7 months ago
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

Ok call me(###) ###-####

did you install and wire in the upgraded front axle actuator ?

if so at the 3 wire switch at the transfer case with the key ON do any show 12 volts at that switch at the tansfercase ?

No my switch is two wire blue and black or brown no power on either

can you check and see if the fuse called 4WD in the inside fuse box is good and see if it shows 12 volts at it with the truck on testing it though the little openins in the tops of that fuse with the truck on ?

I am a transmission mechanic fuses all good tested with my power probe is there a 4x4 reley

no that brown wire should have 12 volts at it with the truck on

if you jump 12 volts to the blue wire at the switch will the front actuator lock the front axle ?

the thermos actuator will activate via the blue wire from t case were does th power on the brown wire originate

then the issue is that brown wire from that fuse to the transfer case switch is bad

'if you can not find the wire bad run a new wire from that fuse to the switch and this should work just fine for you

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer