Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I need my engine rebuilt. Cracked the radiator and

Customer Question
I need my engine...

I need my engine rebuilt. Cracked the radiator and overheated the engine. Lost power and won't run now.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

It just happened this morning, so I don't know. It was losing power as I was driving and then I parked the car. The tow driver tried to turn it on and so did the mechanic, but it did not turn on.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

Malibu 2011

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Malibu yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. It is at mechanic shop now.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, that is all.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chevy
12/13/2017
Chevy Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 7 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

It may not be as bad as you think. Let them do a wet/dry compression test and also a cylinder leak down test. This will tell what the health of the motor is.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.