Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My LED MPH will not display. All of the set up functions…

Customer Question
My LED MPH will...

My LED MPH will not display. All of the set up functions exist but will not display any MPH on digital panel.. It is the only function not working

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2013 chevy equinox

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Equinox yourself? What have you tried so far?

If I can without getting into a major repari

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Other than that issue, I am doing ok

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chevy
12/13/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If this is the main MPH display on the instrument gauge cluster that is failing to light up and operate and all other gauges and lights are working in the display this indicates an internal electrical fault in the instrument cluster assembly itself.I have seen the instrument cluster fail/act up in the past before causing this type of fault here with it needing replaced to resolve this issue.When it is replaced it has to be programmed by a dealer in order to operate properly.Some of these models also had an update with the software for the instrument gauge cluster for various electrical issues.I would have this checked by a dealer first before having the cluster replaced to see if updated programming resolves the fault.If it does not or was already done then it will need to be replaced.If this is not the display you are speaking of here let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete