Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Will not start. Not corroded an turns over fine. 2016 Chevy…

Customer Question
Will not start Mechanic's...

Will not start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Not corroded an turns over fine

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2016 Chevy 3500 hd

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 3500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

It will start and die with starting fluid

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chevy
12/13/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 4 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Can you tell me what liter engine is in your model here and what has been done to test to try and locate the fault or what has been done to try and repair this fault here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

6.0

Is the security light staying on solid or flashing at all with either the key on or when you try and start the engine and release the key when it does not start ( without turning the key back any at all)?It may look like a picture of a car with a lock across it.

Let me know, thanks Pete

no
seems like its not getting fuel

O.k., with what you have described here this sounds like the common failure of the fuel pump.It can fail prematurely like this as I have seen before several times in the past and had to replace it.The signals need to be tested to the fuel pump for proper power and ground as well as fuel pressure with a pressure test gauge.

This was a very common issue to cause this fault here and since it seems like there is no fuel and no security light I suspect the pump failed already needing replaced.

This may still be covered under factory warranty to be diagnosed and repaired at a dealer at no charge to you.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

Pete, Auto Service Technician