Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

Replace head light on 1997 chev luminu. Repace complet head…

Customer Question
Replace head light on...

Replace head light on 1997 chev luminu

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?

Repace complet head ligh ass

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

1997 chev lumiuna

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing do you have to remove front bumber

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nothing

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Chevy
12/13/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 2 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

My info shows in the picture the front bumper removed to replace it.It isn't telling me how this bumper is removed due to the year of this model.But usually, it will have bolts from under it that needs removed and possibly the grille and clips in the front wheel well areas.Some have claimed they had been able to remove the head light without removing the bumper using tools to get to the screws needed on the head lights.Below is the replacement procedure on your model for replacing the head light.If you cannot remove it with the bumper in place then the bumper will need to be removed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/giy5cc50t366ea0/he-12-13.pdf?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

i want to repace the complete head light
can the lins only be replaced

The procedure above is for the entire head light.There isn't a procedure for replacing just the lense but usually, you can remove the clips ( if equipped) that hold the lense onto the head light then try and carefully separate the glue from the lense using a sharp tool or flat blade screw driver working around the lense to try and remove it.In some cases this breaks the lense and can sometimes crack the head light housing.But if you can get the lense off and can find a replacement lense for your model then you can glue it onto the head light.I recommend polyurethane to glue the new lense in place.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician