Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Got code p0113 the center is brand new, I checked the

Customer Question
Got code p0113 the...

Got code p0113 the center is brand new, I checked the connection. I have 5 volts and on the signal side I have 1.8

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?

I have pulled and checked every fuse both under the dash and under the hood

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

1998 s10 pickup 2.2l

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am fixing the vehicle myself I am pretty handy as a side note I also have an alternator light that comes on and the alternator is charging the battery alternator and battery and battery cables are brand new I've also replace the header and O2 sensors and catalytic converter

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Chevy
12/12/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Todd Audette, Chevy Technician replied 5 months ago
Todd Audette
Todd Audette, Chevy Technician

Hi my name is*****'m an A.S.E Certified Master Technician with 30 + yrs GM experience. I'm reviewing your question and would be happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to gather some basic information.

Do you have a scan tool that you can look at data?

Chevy Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

This code sets when the intake air temperature sensor's signal voltage is high and out of operating range. If the sensor has truly been ruled out then this is going to be a wiring issue or possibly an internal failure in the engine controller.

Are you saying you're seeing 1.8v on the sensor signal wire?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician