Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

As previously suggested, I exchange the blend door actuator.

Customer Question
As previously suggested , I...
As previously suggested , I exchange the blend door actuator . Nothing is changed . Still blowing cold air .
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chevy
12/12/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Mike V., Auto Technician replied 4 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Technician

Did you also do the re calibration procedure?

No, can you walk me through it?

Sorry, I am not able to take a call at this time.

Please give me a moment to bring up the instructions again.

Thanks.

Ok, you want to do the last method on the page that I sent to you.

Turn the ignition off, then unpug the HVAC/ECAS fuse for a minimum of 10 seconds, then plug it back in and start the truck. The system should re-calibrate itself.

Okay, that was messed up. Now nothing is coming out of the vents. Only blowing out the defrost. Seem to have lost the good A/C.

That shouldn't happen, so you are saying now you have nothing from the vents? Did you adjust anything while it was re-calibrating?

No.
Just turned off the ignition. Pulled fuse again and waiting.

Here is a video that might explain it better for you.

Went back to square one. The actuator. Is it in the wrong open position?
Mike, are you still there?
Hello?

I am still here, sorry helping others and so on.

I would have to see the actuator to know if it's in the wrong position, although I don't believe you can install it in the wrong position. It should be indexed. If you lost the modes, then you might have mistakenly replaced the mode door actuator instead of the blend door actuator.

Placed everything back. Reset. Heat everywhere but driver side. Even with a new air door actuator, back to the way we started only now warm air on passenger vents.

Just to let you know I am still here for a bit, I am looking for instructions to put this into self diag mode. If the door otor isn't the issue, then it's likely a problem with the control module. At the moment I have been unable to find any self diag instructions which would mean it's going to have to have a scan tool hooked to it and checked for codes.

Please give me a few minutes.

This may work to put it into self diag mode, once you get the codes let me know.

I do have to sign off at 5 today, but will be back in the morning if oyu just put the codes here I should be able to help.

If you don't get any codes, then it's going to need a scan tool that can read the HVAC system.

nstructions for putting ACC in diagnostic mode -

- Turn ignition to ON position (or start vehicle)

- Press and hold the "temp up" and "OFF" buttons at the same time until the unit does a full segment check.

- Release the buttons.

- Display should read -00... you are now in diagnostic mode

- Using the fan up/down buttons, select desired function from above

- Press the "middle" Button. It should be in the top right corner on the CC.

- To Exit the trouble code area, and go back to the -00 display, hit the "Middle" button again.

You will see -00. You can change the function (it will say -01, -02, etc) with the fan up, and down buttons.

No temp up button.

I assume you have an arrow or something to turn the temp up don't you? Or is it a dial?

Not off again till Friday.

I can open this up for the other experts before I sign off. Just don't reply to me or it will lock it back to me.

Ok, I am going to open this back up for the others. Please don't reply and try to be patient.

The temp is a dial.
Chevy Mechanic: Gary, Chevy Technician replied 4 months ago
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician

new expert here did you still need help ?

Chevy Mechanic: Todd Audette, Automotive Technician replied 4 months ago
Todd Audette
Todd Audette, Automotive Technician
Phone call session started
Currently at work. Have you read up on my situation?
what do you suggest?

can you tell me which actuator was replaced so far on the heater system ?

with the drivers side temp actuator removed and you move the stem that the actuator stem connects too can you get hot by turning it by hand ?

Thank you, ***** ***** am at work now and can’t talk. Do you work Friday? It appears you are the one I need to be talking to. I have to work to tomorrow 11 hour.

yes i will be online Friday afternoon

can you tell me which actuator you replaced the location of it and also see if you can get heat by turning the stem by hand ?

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

I could feel the door open and close by turning the stem. I changed the actuator on the driver side. Not easy to get to. Friday morning I’ll see about running the heater with out the actuator. Gotta go.

ok let me know we will figure this out

talk friday afternoon

This problem is still a carry over. Not sure how that works.

its ok..i also know

thank you

Okay, here it is Friday. I feel like I'm starting over with a new driver side door actuator. So let's try it again. I will go through the re calabration procedure to begin .
no response. Hello?
after more than 1 hour of waiting for a response, I guess I'll try again tomorrow. Not very satisfied. :-(

can you get heat by turning the stem by hand ?

Currently not home. I was hoping to work on it today. It will now have to wait till Sunday. It sounds like you want me to disassemble everything again.

no just remove the drivers temp actuator

i will be online all day Sunday

Thank you. I’ll be seeking advise then.

ok

.

Gary
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician