Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

My 2007 Avalanche has a battery drainage that we can't seem…

Customer Question
My 2007 Avalanche has...

My 2007 Avalanche has a battery drainage that we can't seem to locate. Is this a generic problem with this model? any suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

We have determined that there is leakage- after replacing the battery , it is dead within 4 days. The alternator tests good.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Avalanche yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have had a mechanic test the relays, and drain on each fuse. I'm not sure he completed testing before he assumed it was a bad battery.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nohtig i can think of- I thought it might be the radio or amp fuse, but i pulled those for a couple of days and the battery still died

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Chevy
12/12/2017
Chevy Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 2 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

It's not normal, and the mechanic clearly didn't do these tests correctly. Please see attachment on how to find and fix this issue.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor