Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Does the HMi module in a 2015 Tahoe have any association to…

Customer Question
Does the HMi module...

Does the HMi module in a 2015 Tahoe have any association to the tps / Rke module and or keyless entry not working had to replace bcm due to water damage but before replacement remote start and door locks worked after bcm replacement keyless entry will not work and gave also replaced the tps rke module too and red lashed the bcm still not working

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

10-4 also the rear doors lock and unlock but not the front doors I’m thinking maybe faulty new bcm ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tahoe yourself? What have you tried so far?

Almost all electronics have been replaced, bcm hmi all seat components seat module under driver seat

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The hmi module was bought used have not re flashed it yet

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Chevy
12/11/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 5 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

G​ood afternoon, I hope you are doing great. My name is***** am a GM technician and would be happy to assist you.

​It sounds to me like we do in fact have a faulty new bcm. The hmi module does not and can not affect remote entry operations, and if the bcm did not program correctly then none of the door locks would be working. Since the power distribution is all over the place that tells me it is a bcm fault, not at all uncommon on these, a couple months ago my dealer put 4 in one car before we finally got one that worked correctly

Ok awesome this vehicle has been a pain was on water up to steering wheel so it has had all kind of fun obstacles

A​hh I have been there before, that can always get pretty interesting. Let me know if you have any further questions about any of it as you progress on the job :)

Awesome thank you sir just didn’t wanna keep throwing parts at this one lol

I understand totally :)

Ok so tried two new bcm front door locks still do not work and get an error message and software kicks out every time we try to communicate with the keyless entry module, everything else on Tahoe works and functions correctly except the two power locks on front doors and the key less entry ? ? ?

Ok I see. If everything is programmed and installed and the problem is still present then I think we are going to have a problem with the theft module. These have a separate module that controls theft features, and if this is not working properly it could affect individual door circuits because it will think the car is locked. The part is called the keyless entry module(remote control door lock receiver) and it is sold and available online

Where is that module located ? If it’s behind passenger rear quarter panel it has been replaced also

I believe these are mounted in the driver's door panel, I am not 100% as I know they switched them on the newer models, I will check the workshop manual when I get to the shop tomorrow and double check

Cool thank you sir, the module I replaced was the rke / tps receiver just under pass quarter glass

Okay good to know. I believe that is the transceiver/signal module

Have you had a chance to check that workshop manual yet?

Yes I did, sorry for the delay, things got a little hectic here yesterday. These do list a separate door lock control module that is mounted in the driver's door, so that would be the next thing I would inspect/replace

Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician