Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2000 Chevy 6.5 turbo diesel 3500 express van. I…

Customer Question
I have a 2000...

I have a 2000 Chevy 6.5 turbo diesel 3500 express van. I would like to see diagram where it shows the location of the PCM thank you. Greg

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

No I just would like to know where the location is so I can remove it thank you

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Chevrolet Express. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

No that’s all I need to know thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chevy
12/11/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Randall C, ASE Master Tech replied 7 months ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me a moment to review your question, and I'll be right back with you. Thank

OK thank you RANDALL
I tried putting my credit card in again with all the right data and nothing is going through I don’t understand what the problem is please help thank you

I wish I could find factory repair information to help with that but I have attached a picture showing location, It is behind the center of the instrument panel. Here is a picture link,

Please rate my service I have provided. Once you provide the required rating? this same post will remain open for future followups if need. Thanks Randall

you have to remove the dash is that correct
How hard is it to remove the dash to get to this, What is the book time to do this job, thanks Greg

I can not remember. may be able to get to it after inside engien cover removed and look up under center of dash.I do not think dash must come out.

OK RANDALL I will check it out thank you very much

found this, ot being there , cant 100% remember but try this

Disconnect the negative battery cable to prevent electrical shock.

Open the glove box door and empty the contents of the compartment. Squeeze the interior door panels to release the glove box door from its position. You can remove the door to make access easier, but it is not necessary.

Remove the screws to remove the interior ceiling of the glove box compartment. Locate the computer and disconnect the electrical modules from it. Remove the four screws mounting the computer, and it will slide out.