Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 2003 Chevy trackerdoesn't work. I have a feeling a hose…

Customer Question
My 2003 Chevy tracker*****doesn't...

My 2003 Chevy tracker*****doesn't work. I have a feeling a hose disconnected from the actuator pump. But I can't find where the pump is

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fluids recently?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '03 Chevy?

Tracker

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

.yes. and I checked the fluid level in the transfer case. the reason I mentioned o hose is because I'm told that the pump is around the rear bumper.and I followed a hose that goes up in that area .and there is a hose sticking up not connected in my compartment where the Jack is store in the back

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Chevy
12/9/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Mike S., Chevy Mechanic replied 6 months ago
Mike S.
Mike S., Chevy Mechanic

Hi, I am Mike, welcome. I'm reviewing your question.

Let me see what I can find out, may I ask, which engine came in this? Does this have an auto or manual trans?

I am reading, "The powertrain control module (PCM) and the front drive axle actuator pump are the main components of the four wheel drive engagement system. The pump is controlled by the PCM. The pump compresses air to engage the front axle. When the transfer case is in four wheel drive (4H or 4L), the four wheel drive switch closes providing a ground signal to the PCM. The PCM actuates the pump which pressurizes the actuator in the front axle. "

Here is the wiring diagram, included in that section.

Here is a Four-Wheel Drive Does Not Engage Diagnosis.

Did that answer your question? If so, kindly leave me a positive rating, so I get credit. After all, you have already made the deposit.
If you don't, the deposit you made will just sit there and I won't get my share of it.

I have those same diagrams I just can't actually find the pump on the vehicle..the picture doesn't show enough

Let me see if I can find out where this is located,

Have you looked near the front axle?

I am reading, "Pump is located in front bumper back side of license plate, two hose connect to it, three wire plug, three screws mounting to bracket".

Did you find it?

Don't forget to rate me well, so I get credit. If you don't, the deposit you made will just sit there and I won't get my share of it.