Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have 2005 Trailblazer whos fan motor doesn't turn off even…

Customer Question
I have 2005 Trailblazer...

I have 2005 Trailblazer whos fan motor doesn't turn off even when motor is shut off

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

300,000 Klicks and is automatic

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Trailblazer yourself? What have you tried so far?

I checked the fuses, they seam fine and yes I would like to fix myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The veh. is fine besides this, There is just to much stuff in cars now

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chevy
12/9/2017
Chevy Mechanic: George H., ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician

Hello I will help,

The blower motor speed control has failed. It is located on the bottom of the blower case next to the blower motor. Check the connector for any burning or melting and replace if any is found. Replacing the speed controller will solve the after running issue.

Please let me know if you have further questions, if nothing further please complete the rating

Thanks

Can u tell me where this is located, pictures etc

If you remove the sound panel under the right side of the dash you will see the blower motor. Follow the wiring from the motor 8 inches over to the speed controller.

Click here for video

Let me know how I can help

Thanks

Are you able to repair this? If so please complete the rating so I am compensated for my work.

Click here for a video of your vehicle, all GMs are the same

Let me know if you have further questions

Thank you

Do you still need help with your blower?