Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My heater in my gmc Sonoma will not get hot nor will my

Customer Question
My heater in my...

My heater in my gmc Sonoma will not get hot nor will my temperature gauge move past 100• my actuator moves like it’s supposed to do and my hvac1 fuse is good. I have change out the thermostat twice still not working,what could be the problem?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have you noticed any leaking?

I had put a new radiator in it and no leaking and the radiator won’t circulate

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Sonoma?

2003 SLS 4 cylinder 5 speed

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sonoma yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I’m wondering if I should run a hose through my inlet hose through my firewall and disconnect the outlet hose to see if I have a clog?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I’m baffled, I haven’t had a heater for three years now and I have to travel to and from work

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chevy
12/8/2017
Chevy Mechanic: K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, These are all signs of a clogged heater core. What I would suggest is flushing it with a quality flush using a flush and fill kit like this. Also make sure t purge all air from the system by running it with the radiator cap off until the thermostat opens then topping off the coolant.

Hello, I was just wanting to follow up and see how things went.

It didn’t work! I went on utube and looked at a FREE VIDEO on how to reverse flush my heater core... that’s all I needed!!! Your response cost me $30.00 and didn’t help!!!

I'm sorry you felt my response didn't help, it was exactly that using a flush and flush kit.

K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician