Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2009 chevy 5.3 1500 z71 4x4 while driving slips and…

Customer Question
Hi i have a...

Hi i have a 2009 chevy 5.3 1500 z71 4x4 while driving slips and grinds so i pull over and play with 4 wd selector on dash and it goes into 4wd but will not change back to*****

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on?

About 2 weeks now

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '09 Chevy?

Lt crew cab

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cab yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes we tested the shift solenoid and it works

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

We tried a re learning procedure and no matter what we do we can't get out of*****

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chevy
12/8/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

The more common cause is the shift motor encoder is reading incorrect so there is no signal sent to the shift motor to make it rotate the shift cam in the transfer case. Can you do electrical diagnostics using wire diagrams, a scan tool, and DVOM?

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris