Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

When starter sounds like its just spinning is it a bad

Customer Question
tarter...
when starter sounds like its just spinning is it a bad tarter
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chevy
12/7/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 7 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Yes this would usually mean the starter is the problem. With a multimeter monitor power on both wires going to starter with key in start position and use case as ground. If both wires show at least 11v then replace the starter. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

If it cranked at first battery could be weak from first attempts but monitoring voltage is only way to verify problem is the starter. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

ok what does it mean when my chevy silderrado reads engine hot a/c turned off i mess with the fuse n it goes away what should,i do to fix

That usually means thermostat or coolant temp sensor, I would check diagnostic codes next time it happens if you are getting P0128 then I'd recommend replacing thermostat. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

the truck doesnt do nothing the starter sounds like its cranking the,transmission but doesnt seem to be firing up the,motor what coyld my problem be
Chevy Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 6 months ago

Check to see if it runs when spraying starter fluid into throttle body if not check to see if you have spark. Let me know, thanks.

i thik its altinatorsounds like motor isnt pumping could that be probmlem?

The alternator wouldn't stop it from starting, did you ever try starting fluid?

ok ill spray see what happens n if it starts how can i fix issues llike little wires that came apart from the key silinder can i disconect the theft device systemm becuase thats the main reason why i think all promblems started

There is no easy way to bypass security system, fixing wiring is going to be next best step. If it runs on starting fluid check to see if wires going to injector has good power and ground pulse, if missing ground pulse then problem is security related and you will need to fix wiring. You can reply to this answer at any time without additional fees, let me know how it goes. Please do not forget to rate answer, thanks.

im done i cant even gget old cylinder out mmy patients is runing lo illl try to drill out old cylinder but new one looks dificult n if i dont find other piece of key stuck in old cylinder im stuck no key only my half that i got n im so tired of missing witj it do o give up

I can give you instructions from manual if you think that may help, let me know. Thanks again and enjoy the Holidays.

Ever get it figured out? Please do not forget to rate answer. Thanks.