Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2015 tahoe. After I lock my car with fob, the alarm…

Customer Question
I have a 2015...

I have a 2015 tahoe. After I lock my car with fob, the alarm goes off. Sometimes it’s right away and others it a little bit after.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

Yes just relaxed them when my car told me too.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tahoe yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replaced

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I haven’t tried anything yet. I can take it into the dealership but that’s a pain in the butt, it’s done this before and they said one of the defrost lines connected to the back window was broke so the motion of it was sounding the alarm. They fixed that and then it stopped. And now this is happening

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chevy
Hello??
12/7/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Todd Audette, Chevy Technician replied 7 months ago
Todd Audette
Todd Audette, Chevy Technician

Hi my name is*****'m an A.S.E Certified Master Technician with 30 + yrs GM experience. I'm reviewing you question and would be happy to assist you.Please allow me a few minutes

Ok

Unfortunately you'll have to go back to the dealer so they can look at content theft data and see what's triggering the alarm. Could be anyone of the doors, hood or liftgate latches

Ok thank you.

A 3-5 star rating would be greatly appreciated if you are satisfied with my answer. You have already paid the site.....This will pay me out of what you have already paid at no additional charge to you. Thank You