Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Sitting at a light this AM, "service stabilatrack" message…

Customer Question
Sitting at a light...

Sitting at a light this AM, "service stabilatrack" message appeared. Then light turned green, I start to drive and notice that it takes 2200 rpm to get 40 miles per hour and the transmission doesnt seem to be shifting. Then check engine light came on. The indicator that says what gear your in disappeared. Going from drive to park or reverse to park or drive to reverse shifts VERY hard. It is a 2012 chevy silverado 2500 hd lt, 6.6 diesel, 4wd. hooked it up to a code reader, shows UO101.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Stays on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2012 silverado 2500 hd 6.6 diesel, allison tranny

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?

Considering doing it myself, have not done anything yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think thats it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/7/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Todd Audette, Chevy Technician replied 4 months ago
Todd Audette
Todd Audette, Chevy Technician

Hi my name is*****'m an A.S.E Certified Master Technician with 30 + yrs GM experience. I'm reviewing you question and would be happy to assist you. Please allow me a little while to review some diagnostics

Was that the only code set or was there a P0700 as well

I'm a Transmission tech as well

I know whats wrong with your truck...the TCM (Transmission Control Module) needs to be replaced

Hello...do you still need assistance?

Todd Audette
Todd Audette
Todd Audette, Chevy Technician