Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The radio on our 2013 Camero randomly cuts out and we get…

Customer Question
The radio on our 2013...
The radio on our 2013 Camero randomly cuts out and we get the message "check XM tuner." Took it to the local dealer and they charged us $618. Said it was fixed....we drove it 4 miles and the problem happened again . They say they don't know what wonrg!!??
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chevy
12/7/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Gary, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician

Hello! My name is Gary.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply shortly.

Hello Kim,

They replaced the display only, and not the radio "silver box" behind the display?

Gary

All the paperwork says is "replaced radio display." Part Fp # 20990311 The charge for that part was $380.00. No mention of "silver box" in notes.

Have you let the dealer know it has occured on the way home?

The display stays on when this fault occurs?

I hope they warrant their labour, or look after you in some way now.

I would have replaced the radio.

A vehicle wide scan for codes would be worthwhile.

Gary

Hello again,

Do you need any further help?

I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.

Kind regards

Gary