Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My car turns off when its in drive and I give it gas. It has…

Customer Question
My car turns off...

My car turns off when its in drive and I give it gas.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

It has turned into a gas hog and it starts same as usual. It'll let me go into reverse and give it gas in reverse.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Chevrolet Impala 2004 LS 3.8 liter

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Impala yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replaced the air filter, I replaced a line that was missing, I don't remember the name of the part. I'm looking at my orders to see the name.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The part was a harness - gm part number: 24506671

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chevy
12/5/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Gary, Chevy Technician replied 4 months ago
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

are there any codes set at all in the computer ?

The codes are telling me fuel injectors and catalytic converter. I’m just curious since the line I replaced that wasn’t there looked like it was somehow connected to the fuel line.

what are the code numbers set ?

GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician