Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Replaced my 2009 Aveo starter. sometimes starts sometimes…

Customer Question
Replaced my 2009 Aveo...

Replaced my 2009 Aveo starter . sometimes starts sometimes not say 3out 5 times

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Aveo yourself? What have you tried so far?

Put on new gm starter

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/5/2017
Chevy Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 4 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

Even though the starter is new, it can still be defective. Other things to check though would be the solenoid, battery cables and ignition switch.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor