Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have replaced the blower motor, the blower motor relay and…

Customer Question
I have replaced the...

I have replaced the blower motor, the blower motor relay and resistor and still have no air flowing out of vents

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

Starts normally and about 122k miles

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2006 Chevy hhr

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your HHR yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chevy
12/5/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician

Hi, My name is Jay

With blower speed turned on and ignition on do you get power to one side of blower motor on the brown wire?

I have no power

The body control module turns on and supplies power to the blower relay and will cause you to not get power to blower. You will need to have body control module scanned to manually activate the relay using the scanner to see if the BCM is defective internally or the BCM is not getting signal from the HVAC control module. This is only way to isolate problem to be BCM or the A/C control module (control head)

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Chevy Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 3 months ago

If no other questions can you please enter a 5 star rating so I can get credit for helping you and can get question closed out. Thanks.

Jaybird61
Jaybird61