Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

It died on me the other day no spark replaced the whole

Customer Question
It died on me...

It died on me the other day no spark replaced the whole igniton including the distributor. in pluged the electronc override timing advanced and now it wont time out correctly and wont start once it dies can a vacume leake cause a hard start and timing issues.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Brand new battery.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

95 chevy truck with a 5.7 tbi 4*4.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 9-5 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yea I am new rotor cap new distributor cap. plugs and wires and new pick up coil on the distributor all brand new plus a coil. ignition control mod.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That about it/.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chevy
12/5/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Gary, Chevy Technician replied 4 months ago
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

so now it will crank over and not fire up and you have no spark out of the ignition coil ?

GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician