Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have questions about 2008 Chevy impala with 3.4L motor.

Customer Question
Hi I have questions about...
Hi I have questions about 2008 Chevy impala with 3.4L motor. Someone change the transmission for of the car. But now problem is the select position for transmission shows in the dashboard does not show where is the handle. And car would not start because the selection showing.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/4/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 7 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience: Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air Conditioning systems
Hey how are y9u, I will try to help you with this issue
There is a range transmission switch on transmission that needs adjustment unless they ruined it replacing trans
Remove the switch on side tranmssion and and adjust to correct postion
Is the one round about 2 inched located end top on the transmission. Do you have the pic. Thanx
I thought that suppose to be there I had it rebuild .I had from salvage yards they are the one had it from company did it and i noticed it. they said it is in side and the guy who worked on it he there want not one on it

what is vin # i can double check

some are internals .

if the other trans did not have that problem and this is used and is internal then send it back

he will have to open case for internal ones

This one supposed to be on the side but send me vin let’s double check it
It is 2g1wt58k281361517

hey,

i checked vin# ***** this one is internal inside the transmission on this car ,it takes 8.7 hours to replace it ,so he is right you want find this one on the outside

2008 Chevrolet Impala V6-3.5L

Save Article

Labor InformationSkill LevelMfg. WarrantyStandard

Replace Range Sensor

B 8.7

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat